Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Life

Today is day one of my new life.  As of 7:00 pm last night I was officially unemployed.  Yesterday was much sadder than I expected.  I have been Finance Director for the Town of Yarmouth for almost 9 years and in that time I have worked with some great people.  It was tough to say goodbye.  In the last few weeks I even wondered why I was leaving but in my heart I know it is the right thing.  Onward and upward! When I got home last night (after a few celebratory beers) I found a letter waiting from the Natural Gourment Institute welcoming me to the Annual Basic Cooking Technique Intensive class scheduled for July 12-23rd.  It's not exactly a chef's training class but who knows what inspiration I might take from this experience.  My mantra is always keep your options open. For the next 11 days I am going to sit back and enjoy some vacation time.  A little hiking, biking, swimming, running, good food, a few libations and spending some time with my husband Tom.  Oh yeah - and hosting a family reunion on July 4th. Happy Independence Day everyone!  I'll check back in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment